Sunday, November 16, 2008

Still struggling

Well fellow students, it has been a while since I have written. I am finding that I think very often about something that I could/should write on my Blog but am busy and put it off. Later I have forgotten the thought or idea and the opportunity has passed. It seems that part of the difficulty for me is that I am not by nature a writer and do a lot of mulling over in my own thoughts. I am not used to putting my thoughts and ideas down on paper for others to read.
Following our last class I spent quite a bit of time looking around at different blogs I thought would be valuable in my professional life. Very interesting out in blogworld!! I have put several of them on my Blog. I also enjoyed playing around with the tools and adding a few other pieces to my Blog. I also enjoyed trying out the Delicious social bookmarking site. I registered and started saving bookmarks in Firefox. Then when I was using IE at my school, I found it quite awkward. I haven’t really figured out how to use this tool enough to make it beneficial. I believe that may be why teachers in my district get frustrated with any new technology. There is usually not time given to staff to practice new technologies in order to be comfortable enough to use them with students. As our text tells us, we must be willing to explore these new online tools with our students even when we make mistakes. This will have to be part of my responsibility as we move forward. I will try to be a role model in this area.
It happened again. I wrote the note above yesterday, was interrupted, and haven’t posted it until today.

No comments: